Wednesday, 21 June 2017

Where When How Wednesday - Vivian Blue

Welcome to 'Where When How Wednesday'. In these weekly posts I'll be interviewing creatives about their journey into the creative world, their works, and what makes them tick. This week I'm interviewing photographic model, Vivian Blue.

Photographer - Flash Bang Wallop


Hi Viv. Thank you for taking the time to answer a few questions for me. How was it you came to be a model?

'No problem Ian. I first starting modelling when I was 17, I was in various beauty competitions including miss England. I then started to get booked for photoshoots and went from their. I then modelled for two years before stopping. I started again in January 2015 and have been modelling since'

Photographer - Steve Wholey


Modelling, and photography, is a lot about marketing yourself. If you were to market yourself as a person, not just a model, and you had to describe yourself with three words, what would they be?

'Kind, passionate and empathetic.'


And if your friends had to describe you in three words?

'Quiet, thoughtful and honest.'

Photographer - StuArtful2


When you're not busy in front of the camera, what are you normally up to?

'I am either studying at university or looking after my son.'

Photographer - Barb Lander


Of all the images you've created, do you have one that stands out as a favourite?

'That's a difficult question! there's been so many I love but if I had to pick a favourite I guess it would be this one...'

Photographer - Flash Bang Wallop


When out shooting, I get the munchies. Actually, I get the munchies most places. Anyway...when on a shoot, what snacks are a must for you?

'Diet pop (any kind.) Jaffa cakes and coffee coffee coffee!!'

Photographer - Jack Russell


Speaking of shoots, have you found yourself in any funny situations whilst on a shoot?

'Whilst on a location shoot in an abandoned factory we were approached by a security guard. He approached me from behind and asked what we were doing. I jumped out my skin and screamed! I was so embarrassed but he was actually really nice'

Photographer - Barb Lander


If you could shoot anywhere in the world, where would you shoot and why?

'Anywhere in America would be amazing. Or Iceland has some amazing scenery for location work.'

Photographer - Russb


If you were to work the other side of the camera, what genre/style of photography would you want to shoot and why?

'I am actually a hobbyist photographer, my favourite style to shoot is landscape and scenery. I also love taking close up pictures of flowers.'

Photographer - Brian J McGowan


Modelling can have you travelling some fair distances. If, on a long journey to a shoot you watched a film to pass the time, what film would you choose?

'It would have to be Dawn of the dead, the original or remake'

Photographer - Carl Grim


Do you have any advice you could give aspiring models?

'Decide what level your comfortable working to before you start and stick to that. Don't let anyone influence what levels you should be working up to. Its completely up to the model. Also good advice for any situation really, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.'

Photographer - Carl Grim


Finally, if people want to see more of your work, or book a shoot with you, where can they find you?

'Either contact me through my purpleport
http://purpleport.com/portfolio/sellers

or my facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/Vivian-Blues-model-profile-259817518943'


I'd like to thank Vivian again for taking the time to answer a few questions for me, be sure to check out all the links above for more of her work, as well as the links attached to the images for the other creatives involved in creating them.


Ian
http://facebook.com/guffoggthegeek
http://twitter.com/guffoggthegeek

No comments:

Post a Comment