Wednesday, 31 May 2017

Where When How Wednesday - Belle Eve

Welcome to 'Where When How Wednesday'. In these weekly posts I'll be interviewing creatives about their journey into the creative world, their works, and what makes them tick. This week I'm interviewing Edinburgh based photographic model, Belle Eve.

Photographer - Stratographic


Firstly, thanks for taking the time to answer some questions for me. We should probably start at the beginning...when and how did you come about getting into the world of modelling?

'Thank you! Ah well it all began about a year ago, I cant remember how exactly how it came about but a family friend had asked me to do a few shoots with him, over a few weeks we had a shoot mini shoots and then eventually I worked at a local camera from there I decided to go for it and sign up to pp and the rest is history.'

Photographer - Keir Siewert


Most things, especially online, tend to fall into specific genres and/or gets described as being a specific style. The trouble with this is it's quite subjective, the style someone views something to be can often differ to the style the person creating it views it as. How would you describe the work you are putting out there?

'Simple, organic. I like to just be me and let people take what they wish from the image. I tend to work with the photographer and try and blend both of our personalities together. I do my hardest not to be type casted, I am always up for something new.'

Photographer - JamesW


Photography, modelling and their related skills, as with most things, can have their share of problems. I personally have a particular problem with self-confidence. This confidence issue can and has caused me issues with my photography. Do you find any aspects of modelling particularly challenging?

'All of it is definitely a challenge but I do struggle with travelling and being away from home so much. It may shock some people but I am actually not much of a people person and I do really struggle with this sometimes but this only really becomes and issue 4/5 days into a very busy tour and I just begin to feel like I need some me time.'


In my series 'Foto Inspiration Friday' I share the people, images, places etc that I find give me inspiration. Who, or what, or where do you draw inspiration from?

'My family, mainly my little brother and my partner they are so supportive and encouraging with everything they could possibly do. Always pushing me to keep going. They are both so stubborn to they set goals and they go and get them no matter what.'

Photographer - Klikker


Sometimes images hold a special significance to us. It can be the first image we ever made, it can be an image drawing attention to a cause close to our hearts, it can simply be an image of someone we love. Do you have an image or images that hold a special significance to you?

'I have an image that sits framed in my home (one of very few), it's a picture of my little brother's hands clasped together and I don't know why but that image just makes me feel so at peace.'


Photoshoots can sometimes leave you open to scary or funny situations. What's the scariest or funniest situation you've found yourself in on a shoot?

'I've had flour thrown in my face, lights falling on my head, I've been in the sea in the Shetlands in 5 degrees, I've been in dirty pools in pretty dresses, I have no idea where I could even begin.'

Photographer - Fossiec


We've talked about your start, we've talked about your current work, let's quickly chat about the future. What have you got coming up this year, more of the same? Any special projects? Plus in regards to a more long term plan, where are you hoping your creative journey will take you in the years to come?

'This year I have a million tours, a lot of model days and hopefully some fun projects to come. The future, I honestly have no idea lets see where life takes us. I would like to go back to school at come point but I'm in no rush right now am just taking on whats thrown at me.'


When I speak to photographers I ask about their gear, it's only fair you get to geek out too...do you have any go-to items you can't live without?

'Honestly, my scarf. I'm sure many photographers who have worked with me have noticed this grotty black scarf wrapped around my neck (or face head and shoulders) I'm a cold freak.'

Photographer - DavidM220


Now for the shameless self promotion part of the interview...where can people find you and your work?

'My website http://belleevemodel.com
My purpleport and I'm on twitter and Instagram'


I'd like to thank Belle again for taking the time to answer a few questions for me, be sure to check out all the links above for more of her work, as well as the links attached to the images for the other creatives involved in creating them.


Ian
http://facebook.com/guffoggthegeek
http://twitter.com/guffoggthegeek

2 comments: