Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Where When How Wednesday - Peach

Welcome to 'Where When How Wednesday'. In these weekly posts I'll be interviewing creatives about their journey into the creative world, their works, and what makes them tick. This week I'm interviewing Edinburgh based (for the time being) photographic model, Peach.



Firstly, thanks for taking the time to answer some questions for me. We should probably start at the beginning...when and how did you come about getting into the world of modelling?

'It started as a massive fingers up to my ex, who told me that I was too ugly to model. That week I got a photoshoot & dumped him!'

Photographer - Arrow Photography


Most things, especially online, tend to fall into specific genres and/or gets described as being a specific style. The trouble with this is it's quite subjective, the style someone views something to be can often differ to the style the person creating it views it as. How would you describe the work you are putting out there?

'Varied. I super love working across a wide variety of genres & meeting different styles of creatives. Being a chameleon is what I love to do and hopefully people book me for that skill.

What I like to shoot most is anything that means I can be naked.'

Photographer - Jon Downs


Photography, modelling and their related skills, as with most things, can have their share of problems. I personally have a particular problem with self confidence. This confidence issue can and has caused me issues with my photography. Do you find any aspects of modelling particularly challenging?

'Confidence is not an issue for me, but I currently have been having a lot of issues with disrespectful photographers. This is only a tiny section of people, but it can take a mental strain on you & make you want to give up sometimes. 

Picking yourself back up & finding new wonderful people to work with makes it worth the stress.'


In my series 'Foto Inspiration Friday' I share the people, images, places etc that I find give me inspiration. Who, or what, or where do you draw inspiration from?

'Coming from an art background means I spend a lot of my time with my head in art books. Contemporary photographers interest me most but I also have a large collection of artist & photographers books from the 1920’s - 60’s that I love looking at. 

I also read a lot about new photographic styles & techniques as knowing both sides of the camera is important to me & the way I work as a model.'


Sometimes images hold a special significance to us. It can be the first image we ever made, it can be an image drawing attention to a cause close to our hearts, it can simply be an image of someone we love. Do you have an image or images that hold a special significance to you?

'Family photos always stir emotions for me, especially images of those that have passed.'

Photographer - Roger Rossell


Photoshoots can sometimes leave you open to scary or funny situations. What's the scariest or funniest situation you've found yourself in on a shoot?

'Oh god, tons but some of the photographers will read this so I have to skip them so they don't get mad!

I still think its hilarious that I get paid to roll around on beds for a living, but my funniest shoot to date has been when I got in trouble from the police as a building site had complained about me being naked near to them. Apparently the foreman was annoyed that the builders were being distracted. I got a serious case of the giggles.'

Photographer - Roger Rossell


We've talked about your start, we've talked about your current work, let's quickly chat about the future. What have you got coming up this year, more of the same? Any special projects? Plus in regards to a more long term plan, where are you hoping your creative journey will take you in the years to come?

'This year I am only in the UK till April as I am away to Japan & then Australia. Plan is to never come back! Hopefully I can find model work over there.

Until then, I am going to work with as many photographers in the UK as I can! Setting up a model weekend with lots of ladies from the 3rd - 5th March & have more studio days (Map studio, natural light studio & synergy studio).

In the long run, I hope to keep modelling and seeing where it goes. Never have any fixed plans in life!'

Photographer - Stratographic


When I speak to photographers I ask about their gear, it's only fair you get to geek out too...do you have any go to items you can't live without?

'My cat! Also my camera gear. Oh and maybe my other half'


Now for the shameless self promotion part of the interview...where can people find you and your work?

'http://www.peachpeach.info
http://purpleport.com/portfolio/peachpeach
http://www.modelmayhem.com/Peachpeach
http://www.godsgirls.com/girls/pichi'


I'd like to thank Peach again for taking the time to answer a few questions for me, be sure to check out all the links above for more of her work, as well as the links attached to the images for the other creatives involved in creating them.


Ian
http://facebook.com/guffoggthegeek
http://twitter.com/guffoggthegeek

No comments:

Post a Comment