Friday, 20 January 2017

Foto Inspiration Friday - Lord Snowdon Quote

Welcome to 'Foto Inspiration Friday', the series in which I not only use a rarely used alternate spelling of photo for the sake of alliteration, but I share with you anything and everything I find that's inspirational, be it a person, an image, a song, a quote, a place, a pizza...ok, maybe not a pizza but you get the point.

Earlier in January, Antony Armstrong-Jones, better known as Lord Snowdon passed away. Whilst I was aware of his work, I had never seen any form of interview with him so was unaware of his views on photography.

Around the time of Lord Snowdon's passing, I had happened to stumble upon a new YouTube channel, Joe Edelman (whom I'll be writing a post about in the future, after catching up on his back catalogue that is). The first video of Joe's that I happened upon, he shared two quotes attributed to Lord Snowdon, one of which especially captures something I've thought for a long time about photography...

“It's no good saying 'hold it' to a moment in real life.”

Ian
http://facebook.com/guffoggthegeek
http://twitter.com/guffoggthegeek

No comments:

Post a Comment