Friday, 19 August 2016

Foto Inspiration Friday - Pinterest

Welcome to 'Foto Inspiration Friday', the series in which I not only use a rarely used alternate spelling of photo for the sake of alliteration, but I share with you anything and everything I find inspirational, be it a person, an image, a song, a quote, a place, a pizza...ok, maybe not a pizza but you get the point.

A lot of photography prep work, well my prep work, involves looking at as many images as I can on the Internet, creating lists, thinking up plans of attack, and creating inspiration boards. With that in mind, the focus of today's 'Foto Inspiration Friday' is Pinterest.

Pinterest is, in their words, 'a catalogue of ideas' which sums up how I use it quite well. For those who don't know what it is, of which I assume there is very few of you, Pinterest lets you create 'boards' and fill them with images, links etc for inspiration, just as a collection of stuff you like, or for any reason you'd want to create a collection. I use it to collect images I'd like to shoot something similar to, and to collect reference images for ideas I have for shoots and projects.

There's not really much you can say about Pinterest, making it difficult to write a long blog post about it... It's a great place to collect reference material for projects, and share it with the people you are working on your creative endeavours with.


Ian
http://facebook.com/guffoggthegeek
http://twitter.com/guffoggthegeek

No comments:

Post a Comment