Friday, 12 August 2016

Foto Inspiration Friday - Alexi Lubomirski

Welcome to 'Foto Inspiration Friday', the series in which I not only use a rarely used alternate spelling of photo for the sake of alliteration, but I share with you anything and everything I find inspirational, be it a person, an image, a song, a quote, a place, a pizza...ok, maybe not a pizza but you get the point.

As you may have noticed if you've read a few of my 'Foto Inspiration Friday' posts, I watch a fair bit of photography content on YouTube. With that in mind, the focus of today's 'Foto Inspiration Friday' is Alexi Lubomirski...'s YouTube channel.

I've only fairly recently stumbled upon Alexi's channel, having seen a recommendation on another YouTube channel...I can't remember who recommended it, it'll come to me eventually. Once I got over my initial jealousy at how damn pretty he is, using a combination of binge eating and complaining, I gave his channel a chance, and I'm glad I did.

Alexi's content is mainly 'behind the scenes' and 'mini tutorials', with a few interviews and other bits thrown in. The 'behind the scenes' videos see him shooting for the likes of Harper's Bazaar, GQ, Vogue, and feature people such as Charlize Theron, Reese Witherspoon and Rosie Huntington-Whitley. They give you a sense of what it's like shooting on large, expensive shoots that create the images you see in magazines and on billboards, something you don't really get on other YouTube channels. The 'mini tutorials' he puts out also differ from the norm. Whilst he does focus on some of the technical aspects, the majority of his tutorials focus on planning a 'story', interacting with all parties involved in the shoot, boosting your creativity, and many other things that get lost in most tutorials.

The quality of Alexi's content makes his channel a great starting point if you're only just getting into the world of YouTube photography videos. If you're an avid YouTube watcher like myself, the differences between his content and most of the other content out there makes him a great addition to your watch list.


Ian
http://facebook.com/guffoggthegeek
http://twitter.com/guffoggthegeek

No comments:

Post a Comment