Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Where When How Wednesday - KG Photography

Welcome to 'Where When How Wednesday'. In these weekly posts I'll be interviewing creatives about their journey into the creative world, their works, and what makes them tick. This week I'm interviewing Kaan of KG Photography based in Enfield, London.



Hi Kaan, thank you for taking the time to answer some questions. Let's start at the beginning, when and how did you come about getting into the world of photography?

"I think it would be when I was attending a football match supporting my team , I had a compact camera with me and like a tourist I was thinking I could get a few pics of the players and the stadium while I am here , after looking through the pics I thought were amazing at the time I had a moment of clarity and thought I could really get into this so after a few months of saving I purchased my first camera in 2010 from Jessops, a Canon 450D with the standard kit lens and zoom lens and so my journey began."


Photography, especially online, tends to fall into specific genres and/or gets described as being a specific style. The trouble with this is it's quite subjective, the style someone views an image to be can often differ to the style the person creating it views it as. How would you describe the work you are putting out there?

"I would describe my work creative, I don't limit myself to a particular style or genre. I have worked at sporting events, family shoots, charity days, studio and location with models, wildlife, landscape. I like to think I adaptable to each project I am on."



Photography can have it's share of problems. I personally have a particular problem with self confidence. This confidence issue can and has caused me issues with my photography. Do you find any aspects of photography particularly challenging?

"The only thing that gets to me is if I have a client who is paying me for a shoot. I tend to put pressure on myself to achieve the perfect end result, the photography and post production actually makes me thrive. I am always looking to better myself and improve how I take pictures and edit them, I always try find faults in myself and make sure next time I don't make the same mistake twice."


In my series 'Foto Inspiration Friday' I share the people, images, places etc that I find give me inspiration. Who, or what, or where do you draw inspiration from?

"I draw my inspiration from my partner Amanda who has always stuck by me and supported me through thick and thin, my brother who explained how and what he was doing with his SLR back in the mid 80's. Also, studio owner Andrew Simpson has always been a great help to me by showing me so much over the last two years."


Sometimes images hold a special significance to us. It can be the first image we ever made, it can be an image drawing attention to a cause close to our hearts, it can simply be an image of someone we love. Do you have an image or images that hold a special significance to you?

"I have a few images that are my true favourites that I am so proud of which are as follows;"






Photoshoots can sometimes leave you open to scary or funny situations. What's the scariest or funniest situation you've found yourself in because of photography?

"I have had a passer by ask if they could pose nude for me whilst I was on a shoot doing some fashion nude with a model which made me chuckle."



We've talked about your start in photography, we talked about your current work, let's quickly chat about the future. What have you got coming up this year, more of the same? any special projects? And in regards to a more long term plan, where are you hoping your creative journey will take you in the years to come?

"For this year I am focusing on getting professional portfolio worthy images captured as I am looking to get more paid work commercially and from private clients, I have 4 models in mind for my latest casting which is for lavender fields and in-between that I am going to try to improve my fashion side of my port over the coming months. So in short I am looking to supplement my day job with an income from my photography."



We can't really talk photography without discussing gear, so...what is your 'go to' equipment that you find yourself gravitating towards the most on shoots?

"My go to gear is my Canon 85mm f1.2, I absolutely love the lens, super sharp and never misses a beat, for sporting events my new 100-400m L IS II is another I don't think I could do without after having for the last 3 months."


Now for the shameless self promotion part of the interview...where can people find you and your work?

"I can be found on;
Facebook: 2015kcaphotography
adobe portfolio: kaang1980.myportfolio.com
E-mail: kaang1980@gmail.com"


I'd like to thank Kaan again for taking the time to answer a few questions for me, be sure to check out all of his links for more of his work.

Image subjects & creatives, in order of appearance: Image 01 - Model: Ruta, Image 02 - Model: Rosa Brighid  Make-Up: Maria Samuel  Studio: Studio Zero, Image 03 - Model: Angel, Image 04 - Model: Jemma Funge  Studio: Studio Zero, Image 05 - Model: Elle Beth  Studio: Studio Zero  Assisted By: Andrew Simpson, Image 06 - Model: Rosa Brighid  Make-Up: Maria Samuel  Studio: Studio Zero, Image 07 - Model: Romanie Smith, Image 08 - Princess_Carly


Ian
http://facebook.com/guffoggthegeek
http://twitter.com/guffoggthegeek

No comments:

Post a Comment