Friday, 6 May 2016

Foto Inspiration Friday - Star Wars

Welcome to ' Foto Inspiration Friday', the series in which I not only use a rarely used alternate spelling of photo for the sake of alliteration, but I share with you anything and everything I find inspirational, be it a person, an image, a song, a quote, a place, a pizza...ok, maybe not a pizza but you get the point. The focus of this weeks 'Foto Inspiration Friday' is...come on, I'm a geek and it was Star Wars day Wednesday, is it that hard to figure out? It's Jar Jar...I'm sorry, I was trying to be funny but try as I might I couldn't bring myself to say it!

I'd like to point out, I find the proper three (episodes 4-6) an inspiration, not the god awful prequel trilogy. Also, it's the original release, not the umpteen re-edits Lucas has spewed out over the years with bad cgi, and the highly offensive switching of Sebastian Shaw for Hayden Christensen in the end scenes of Jedi.

Star Wars I suppose is more than an inspiration, it's kinda the reason I am a photographer today. Watching Star Wars was the first time I ever contemplated the notion that I would love to work in the creative industries. Admittedly at the time it was probably not photography, I loved drawing as a kid, but at the end of the day it's what sent me down the path that resulted in where I am today. Watching it was the first time it dawned on me that you could think an idea, or world, or creature, and make it reality...there's something insanely awesome about that!

I tried writing this post a few times, hence it going up later than my 'norm', and it always ended up obnoxiously long, gushy, and a little tossy. For that reason I am simply going to leave it at this...and tell you to go watch A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi!

No comments:

Post a Comment