Saturday, 19 September 2015

Emma...The Slightly Unwilling Model

A few week back I had a shoot with the most uncooperative model I have ever worked with. No matter how polite, exact, or rewarding I was when instructing her, all she wanted to do was roll on her back or lick my face...I guess I should have mentioned sooner, she's a dog, my grandma Annie's dog to be exact.

I'll be honest, I'd tried photographing her before for my gran so knew she'd be difficult going into it, however, I'd got the Nikon Nikkor 50mm F/1.8G AF-S for my birthday and wanted to take it for a spin. I realise most people would probably shoot some 'standard' portraits to test it out, using the shallow depth of field to create some amazing Bokeh, however...I'm a wimp. I really want to photograph people, create those beautiful images you see on the likes of Flickr and 500px, the trouble is, people make me nervous, they always have. I know, grow a pair right! Until my confidence grows (admittedly one 'proper' shoot would probably help, it's just having the confidence for that), or I take up alcoholism to counter my nerves, pet portraiture is as close as I get for now...all the fun of portraiture but with less human interaction. Don't get me wrong, I love doing pet portraits and will always do them...local to me? Want some shots of your pet? Drop me a message! If it's a spider, I will require compensation for adult diapers!

Anyway, long story not quite so long...she was a pain in the backside, however, it was fun and I got some cute shots.







Ian
facebook.com/guffoggthegeek
twitter.com/guffoggthegeek

No comments:

Post a Comment